- PhD (Process Control) University of Alberta, Canada, 1997
- MS (ChE.), IIT Madras, 1992
- B.E. (Hons.) (ChE), BITS, Pilani, 1988
Awards and Honours
- Annual Teaching Excellence Award, NUS (2001-2003, 2008/2009)
- NUS Outstanding Educator Award (2006)
- Best Paper Award at CHEMCON for Advances in Process Control (2005)
- DuPont / Paprican Research Excellence Award (1996)
- Pan Canadian Petroleum Award (1995)
- Design of Experiments
- Control of Large Scale Systems
- Modeling of Infectious and Lifestyle-related Diseases
- Engineering Education
Gurpreet Singh, S. Lakshminarayanan and E.C.H. Lim, “Determination of Imaging Biomarkers to Decipher Disease Trajectories and Differential Diagnosis of Neurodegenerative Diseases (DIsease TreND)”, Accepted for publication in Journal of Neuroscience Methods (May 2018).
P. Venkata Reddy, Y. C. Tan and S. Lakshminarayanan, “A Mechanistic Fault Detection and Isolation Approach Using Kalman Filter to Improve the Security of Cyber Physical Systems”, Accepted for publication in Journal of Process Control (May 2018).
Y. Y. Loy, G. P. Rangaiah and S. Lakshminarayanan, “Surrogate Modelling of Net Radiation Flux from Pool Fires in a Hydrocarbon Storage Facility”, Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 114, 296-309, (February 2018).
Vaibhav Maheshwari, Gade P. Rangaiah, Titus Lau Wai Leong and S. Lakshminarayanan, “Application of design of experiments in hemodialysis: Optimal sampling protocol for β2-microglobulin kinetic model”, Chemical Engineering Science, 131, 84-90, (2015).
Pavan Kumar Naraharisetti, S. Lakshminarayanan and I.A. Karimi, “Design of Biomass and Natural Gas based IGFC using Multi-Objective Optimization”, Energy, 73, 635-652, (2014).
Naviyn Prabhu Balakrishnan, S. Lakshminarayanan and G.P. Rangaiah, “Personalized Mechanistic Models for Exercise, Meal and Insulin Interventions in Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes”, Journal of Theoretical Biology, 357, 62-73, (2014).