MCs and policy
1. The minimum number of MCs to be read in a semester is 15 and the maximum is 25 (subject to restrictions listed in point 3).
2. Minimum number of programme requirement modules to be taken in each semester during SEP is 2.
3. The following rules apply.
a. A student registered for a Bachelor’s degree must complete the greater of (a) 50% of required MCs for the degree programme or (b) 80 MCs at NUS. These MCs must be earned from graded modules with assigned grade points.
b. Only up to 12 MCs may be accrued from modules graded on an S/U basis. Such modules may not be used to fulfill Programme/Major/Minor/USP requirements.
c. A minimum 65% of Programme/Major credits must be graded and factored into the CAP. The other 35% of credits may be earned through credit transfers, advanced placement, exemptions and CS-graded modules.
d. A minimum 16 MCs of the Minor requirements must be graded and factored into the CAP. The other 8 MCs may be earned through credit transfers, advanced placement, exemptions and CS-graded modules.